Business travel to Turkey accounts for a significant proportion of visits each year, with many opportunities for foreign companies and BUSINESS Visitors to Turkey people.
This guide answers all the questions you might have about business visits, including Turkey visa requirements.
What Is a Business Visitor in Turkey?
A business visitor is an individual that travels for international business activities, however they do not actually work in Turkey.
People traveling to Türkiye to find a job are not considered business visitors and are required to get a work permit.
What kind of activities can a business visitor do while in Türkiye?
Those making a business trip to Turkey may engage in a number of different activities with business partners and associates. These include:
- Business meetings and negotiations
- Attending industry conventions, fairs, and congresses
- Courses or training at the invitation of a Turkish company
- Visiting sites owned by the visitor’s company or possible investment sites
- Trading goods or services on behalf of a company or foreign government
What Does a Business Visitor Need to Enter Turkey?
People traveling to Turkey for business reasons will need the following documentation:
- Passport valid for 6 months after the date they arrive in Turkey
- Valid business visa or e-Visa for Turkey
What visa do I need to travel to Türkiye for business?
The Türkiye electronic visa is valid for TURKEY VISA VALIDITY trips. The holder can do any of the activities listed above, providing they do not engage in paid work.
The Turkey e-Visa is valid for 180 days from the date of application. The visa specifications are based on the traveler’s nationality. The permit can be either single or multiple-entry, and visitors can stay for 30 or 90 days.
Citizens of eligible countries can complete the online visa application for Turkey quickly and easily.
This eVisa comes with several advantages:
- Faster and simpler application process
- Can be submitted from home or work, rather than traveling to an embassy
- No queuing or waiting
Check the Turkey e-Visa requirements to see which nationalities are eligible to apply.
Those that are not eligible for the Turkey online visa, or who wish to visit for paid work or for longer than the visa allows, must obtain a business visa.
Business visas can be obtained by applying in person at a Turkish embassy or consulate. Part of the documentation required for this is an invitation letter from the Turkish company or organization hosting the visit.
Turkey Business Travel Cities
Turkish cities like Ankara and Istanbul are popular business destinations. Many travelers visit these cities for work-related reasons.
As the capital, Ankara is an administrative hub. Many business travelers fly directly into the city via Ankara Esenboga Airport.
Istanbul Airport also welcomes many business travelers from over 350 destinations.
Who Is A Business Visitor?
A person who travels to another nation for international business purposes but does not immediately enter that nation’s labour market is referred to as a business visitor.
In practice, this means that a business visitor to Turkey may participate in business meetings, negotiations, site visits, or training on Turkish soil, but will not be performing any actual work there.
Note – People seeking employment on Turkish soil are not regarded as business visitors and must get a work visa.
What Are The Activities That A Business Visitor Can Participate In While In Turkey?
When visiting Turkey for business, visitors can interact with local colleagues and business partners in a variety of ways. These consist of:
- Meetings and/or discussions for business
- Attending trade shows, conferences, and other events
- Courses or training at a Turkish company’s invitation
- Visiting websites that belong to the visitor’s business or websites that they intend to purchase or invest in.
- Trading products or services for a business or a foreign government
What Is Required From A Business Visitor To Enter Turkish?
The following documentation is required for business travellers to Turkey:
- A passport good for six (6) months following the date of entry into Turkey
- A working Turkish business visa or eVisa
You can apply for business visas in person at a Turkish embassy or consulate. An invitation letter from the Turkish firm or group sponsoring the visit is one of the documents needed for this.
One alternative for citizens of qualifying nations is to apply for a Turkish visa online. This eVisa has the following benefits:
- A more rapid and straightforward application process
- Instead of visiting an embassy, it can be submitted from the convenience of the applicant’s home or place of employment.
- No standing in line or waiting at consulates or embassy
To find out which nationalities can apply, look at the Turkish e-Visa requirements. The 180-day validity period for Turkey eVisas begins on the application date.
What Are Some Things You Must Know While Doing Business In Turkey?
Turkey, a nation with an intriguing blend of cultures and mindsets, is on the dividing line between Europe and Asia. Large Turkish cities like Istanbul have a similar vibe to other major European cities because of their close relations with Europe and other Western nations. But even in business, there are customs in Turkey, so it is necessary to know what to expect.
Business customs and culture in Turkey
Turkish people are renowned for their politeness and hospitality, and this is also true in the business sector. They usually offer guests a cup of Turkish coffee or a glass of tea, which should be accepted to get the conversation going.
The following are the essentials for forging fruitful business ties in Turkey:
- Be kind and respectful.
- Get to know the people you do business with by striking up a discussion with them beforehand.
- Do a business card trade.
- Do not set deadlines or apply other pressure techniques.
- Avoid discussing touchy historical or political subjects like the division of Cyprus.
Tourists from most of the countries in the world can visit Turkey in the present scenario, despite the Covid 19 pandemic. The country is open to welcoming foreign travellers, and visa applications are currently being accepted. Learn about PCR Test, Passenger Locator Form and Vaccination Details.