Be prepared to explore a country full of history, marked by the great victories of the Ottoman Empire. Cappadocia and its unique rock formations is something you shouldn’t miss, but you also will be fascinated by historical monuments or Turkey Visa for US Citizens natural wonders, like the white travertine terraces of Pamukkale.
To make this dream trip come true, it’s good to know that U.S. citizens traveling to Turkey have to apply for a Turkey e-Visa first. This visa is required by Turkish authorities to enter the country, but the application process is straightforward and can be done 100% online.
On this page you’ll find all the documents and steps required to get your Turkish visa. Let our expert team do all the hard work for you, and plan your trip to Turkey without hassle
About the Turkey visa for U.S. citizens
American passport holders need a Turkey e-Visa to travel to the country for tourism or business purposes. The United States is one of the countries eligible to apply for this Turkey electronic visa online, so there’s no need to visit the Turkish embassy.
In just a few clicks, fill out the necessary information on the iVisa application form. It’s recommended to apply with a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Turkey. The Turkish e-Visa is a Multiple Entry visa, and allows foreign nationals a stay of 90 days in Total. This visa is valid for up to 180 days after arrival.
However, if you’re traveling to TURKEY VISA FROM VANUATU and you need a residence permit, work, or study visa, this e-Visa isn’t enough. Please apply for the appropriate long-term visa at your nearest Turkish embassy.
Turkey visa document requirements for U.S. passport holders
The Turkey e-Visa is mandatory for American passport holders entering the country. Check the following list of requirements from the Turkish government to fill out the visa application form:
- A valid passport (at least 6 months of validity from the date you intend to enter Turkey).
- A valid email address.
- Supporting documents (if required). For example, if you’re a foreign citizen with a U.S. residency permit, you must also show your Residence ID or permit for the United States and your passport from your country of origin.
- Credit or debit card for paying the Turkey visa fees.
Turkish visa for United States citizens: how to apply
Applying for a Turkey visa is very easy for American citizens. The process is done 100% online so you can submit the Turkey visa application form in just a few clicks and in less than 10 minutes:
- First, U.S. citizens have to fill out all the information on the iVisa application page, such as personal data and details of their trip (passport number, flight number, and hotel booking). After that, they’re able to select the processing time.
- Second, double-check that all your information is correctly filled out. Then, pay the Turkey visa fees.
- Third, upload all supporting documents and submit the application for the Turkey e-Visa. All the scans of your documents need to be legible.
As soon as your visa is approved, you’ll receive the confirmation of your Turkish e-Visa in your email inbox.